- Low in salt
- Naturally occurring sugars
Vitamins & Minerals
- Source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Source of Copper and Manganese
- South Africa
- August and September in Thailand
- March and April in South Africa
There are hundreds of mango cultivars (types of mango), and many types are often grown together to improve pollination.
Mangoes grow well from seed, but not all breed true. For instance, the Alphonso mango, often called the King of Mangoes, has to be propagated by grafting.
Oils that are in every part of the mango plant can cause an allergic reaction.
Those susceptible to dermatitis may suffer an itchy rash from contact with the skin, while still being able to safely eat the peeled fruit.
The mango is the national fruit of both India and Pakistan, and the national tree of Bangladesh.