Fruit Mix with Chocolate Covered Honeycomb – Snacking Essentials
Cashew nuts and jumbo raisins – simply divine!
A luxurious mix of dried fruit and nuts with yoghurt and chocolate coatings.
A gorgeous treat
The coconut is a fibrous one-seeded drupe, also known as a dry drupe which technically means it’s a fruit rather than a nut.
Interesting Coconut Facts
- Coconuts are called the “Tree of Life” as every bit of the coconut is used to produce drink, fibre, food, fuel, utensils, musical instruments, and much more.
- The term is derived from 16th century Portuguese / Spanish coco, meaning “skull” after the three small holes on the coconut shell resembling facial features.
- Coconut water was used as a substitute intravenous solution for blood transfusion during World War II and Vietnam.
- In 16th century, Sir Francis Drake called coconut “nargils”, which was the common term used until the 1700’s when the word coconut was established.
- It takes 11 -12 months for the coconut to mature.
- There are more than 80 varieties of coconut palms
- The origin of the plant is much debated, suggestions including an Indo-Pacific origin and northwestern South America.
- The oldest fossils known of the modern coconut date from the Eocene period from around 37 to 55 million years ago and were found in Australia and India.
- Our Products
- Your Sector
- Quality Control & Food Safety
- The team
- Terms and conditions
- Customer services
- Register for report
Congrats to Vanda Jostakova who received our latest Above & Beyond award. https://t.co/NOYAtbZmKL https://t.co/9W3wn32zf2
The RM Curtis Monthly dried fruit, nuts and seeds report is available now... https://t.co/GTiIcgH9dt Discover mark… https://t.co/2dwgdJU5d8
We're hiring! Check the RM Curtis website https://t.co/YYeUcqA7xA for new roles in: #newproductdevelopment… https://t.co/Yfz5iNqXFa